All students at Pacific Link College have one set of PLC ID username and password to access all IT services PLC Provides.
You PLC ID will give you access to PLC Email, PLC Moodle, and in the future – Printing, and Lab Access.
When using different services, your username may look different. If your Student ID is A1532, your username for different services will look like below:
|PLC Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org||Your PLC ID Password|
New Students: Your initial PLC ID Password will be PlcYYYYMMDD where YYYYMMDD is your birthday. For example, if your birthday is 1995-March-15, your initial password will be Plc19950315
Pacific Link College provides students with 2.4GHz and 5Ghz wireless network connection when in school. in order to gain access to PLC Wireless Network, please take the following steps:
- Make sure WiFi function is turned on
- Select Pacific Link College in the list of Wireless Networks
- If there is no check-in prompt popped up, then open a web browser and go to any website until it redirects you to Facebook Check-in
- Login with your Facebook Account
- Click “Check in” button to gain access to PLC Wireless Network.
PLC provides students with PLC Email Service. Students are encouraged to use their school email address when contacting the school, instructors and/or gaining access to other students exclusive deals.
Important: All official school emails including but not limited to notifications, policies, changes, and transcripts will be sent to your PLC Email. If you prefer to receive these emails from your personal email account, you can enable email forwarding in your PLC Email Portal.
How do I access my email?
Access your email for the first time?
- Go to portal.plvan.com
- Type in your email address (ie. email@example.com)
- Type in your initial password (ie. Plc19950315)
- You will be asked to provide additional information. This is for when you happen to forget your password, you will be able to reset your password with the information you are providing now
- Click continue to finish setting up your additional information
- Start using your PLC Email!
Moodle is an online course management tool used to enhance learning experience outside the classroom. With Moodle, students can access their course materials, submit assignments, and take quizzes or exams.
To access Moodle:
Important: For courses that require assignments to be submitted in Moodle, other types of submission (ie. Email, Paper) will not be accepted unless told otherwise.
There is only one place to change your PLC ID password. If you need to change your password, please proceed with the following steps:
- Go to portal.plvan.com
- Log in with your PLC ID
- Click the “gear” icon in the upper right corner
- Choose the “Change your password” option
- continue with the instructions on the screen
Important: There will be a maximum of 2-hour delay before your new password to be updated to all services.