The Cybersecurity Awareness Certificate provides the student with the knowledge of cyber hygiene, cyber resilience, current threats, and tools and techniques to mitigate threats in just 4 weeks.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define cyber hygiene, cyber security, and cyber resilience.
- Form a basic understanding of cyber security threats to individuals.
- Learn about unsafe online behaviours.
- Cyber security tools and techniques for individuals
- Methods of authentication including strong passwords
- Data security and personal privacy
- Skills in configuring and securing digital devices.
- Contribute to cyber security in a working environment.
- Learn about the most common cyber security threats to groups and organisations.
- Respond appropriately to a cyber-attack.
The courses are provided with a variety of activities via classroom, guest speakers, observations, in-class practice, and group work.
The schedule and program end date are subject to change due to the student’s academic performance, course availability, academic breaks, additional electives, and study permit status.