The Digital Skills and Technology Certificate provides the student with the knowledge of digital media design, fundamental concepts like S.E.O, branding, marketing on social media in 12 weeks. In this program, students are required to complete a capstone project to create a prototype.
The courses are provided with a variety of activities via classroom, guest speakers, observations, in-class practice, and group work.
Students in this program will learn how to interact with the latest digital media technologies, ideate and create a prototype of an app or build a website using tools like proto.io, wordpress and wix that may be added to their portfolio.. The graduate will be confident in their decisions for their future career path or educational goals in pursuing a career in the digital media field.
3 Months of Theory Courses
|CPDT100 | College Success Strategies and Orientation (20 hours)|
|DIGM140 | Digital Media Design (40 hours)|
|DIGM120 | Digital Branding (40 hours)|
|DIGM130 | Search Engine Optimization (40 hours)|
|DIGM150 | Social Media Marketing (40 hours)|
|GRPH116 | Introduction to Website Development (20 hours)|
|CAPSTN | Capstone (20 hours)|
|Fees (in CAD)||International Students||Domestic Students|
|Course Material Fees||$300||$300|
Tuition refunds are based on policy stated in the college’s enrolment agreement and bound by the Private Training Act Regulation.
- High school graduates or mature student status
- Language requirement (recommended for optimum success)
- Grade 10 level English or communications course (pass) or
- IELTS 5.0 (4.5 Academic) or equivalent; or
- TOEFL 35-45; or
- PTE Academic (Minimum 29 Overall); or
- CLB 5; or
- CAEL 30; or
- CELPIP 6; or
- Duolingo 65-70 (englishtest.duolingo.com/applicants); or
- College entrance test (50% minimum); or equivalent
- International students must comply with the requirements of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada in respect to study permit.
For more information on language requirements where internationally-recognized tests and other equivalencies are accepted, please consult with our admissions staff.