Assessment of campus and learning (in accordance with WorkSafe BC)
PLC classes and courses are being delivered in-person/blended effective 15 September, 2022, with the option for online classes (except co-op) for those located outside Metro Vancouver. Visitors may need to self-assess, sign in and are recommended to wear masks (provided by PLC for those who do not have these) on-campus.
Educational delivery (in accordance with AEST Go Forward Guidelines for Post Secondary)
- PLC courses are delivered in-person and online (live sessions).
- Students studying online must follow the same guidelines for attendance and behaviour as during in-person classes
- Instructors will work from the Surrey and Burnaby campuses effective March 28, 2022.
Protocols for students, staff and visitors to campus (in accordance with WorkSafe BC)
- All campus visitors and students are recommended to wear masks and follow social distancing in a reasonable manner.
- Visitors may need to allow their temperatures to be taken via digital infrared thermometer; if they have a temperature indicative of a fever, they will be asked to leave and conduct their appointment via phone or video conference
- PLC has contracted regular campus cleaning and sanitization
Policies for outbreak (in accordance with WorkSafe BC and PHAC Guidance for Post Secondary Institutions during COVID-19)
- Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 or having arrived to Canada in the past 14 days is prohibited from the campus
- Staff and students that show symptoms will be asked to go/remain at home and must work from; they will need to contact 811 immediately for testing and health procedures
- Staff and/or students showing symptoms must isolate at home and inform the campus manager and their contacts
- Any outbreak will be reported by the nurse on staff or Campus Manager to Fraser Health
- For anyone having severe symptoms, staff will immediately call 911
- Any changes will be communicated to students via email and Moodle, and updated to the website COVID-19 page
Communication and training (in accordance with WorkSafe BC)
- Policies are sent by the campus manager to all staff via email
- Signage regarding symptoms and occupancy limits are posted in reception and lunch room
Monitoring and changing to adapt to the situation (in accordance with WorkSafe BC)
- The school’s campus team will stay updated on the latest health developments regarding COVID-19 in BC
- The campus manager will update all other current staff and train new staff on latest COVID-19 policies from the health authority
For all non-specific inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For specific inquiries, please check the FAQs.