Assessment of campus and learning (in accordance with WorkSafe BC)
PLC classes and courses are being delivered online as well as in person effective October25, 2021. Burnaby campus will be open on weekend for in-person classes. Surrey campus will continue to encourage students and guests to schedule appointments with reception, learning management, co-op and student advising staff. Visitors will need to self-assess, sign in and are recommended to wear masks (provided by PLC for those who do not have these) at all times on-campus.
Areas identified as those with higher traffic – reception, student lounge, student advising, and lunch room.
Roles that require higher visitor interaction – reception, student advising and co-op.
Equipment with shared use – copier.
Surfaces with higher interaction – front and back door handles, tables used to maintain distancing and student advisor room handle.
Educational delivery (in accordance with AEST Go Forward Guidelines for Post Secondary)
- PLC courses are delivered in-person and online (live sessions) to minimize exposure during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Students studying online must follow the same guidelines for attendance and behaviour as during in-person classes
- New students and instructors will receive online orientation about PLC and online Moodle learning system
- Instructors will work from the Surrey and Burnaby campuses effective March 28, 2022.
Protocols for students, staff and visitors to campus (in accordance with WorkSafe BC)
- Occupancy limit for the Surrey and Burnaby campus has been lifted.
- A maximum of 2 visitors are allowed at a time in the admissions / campus manager offices; please continue to schedule appointments for visits.
- All campus visitors and students are recommended to wear masks and follow social distancing in a reasonable manner.
- Visitors will need to allow their temperatures to be taken via digital infrared thermometer; if they have a temperature indicative of a fever, they will be asked to leave and conduct their appointment via phone or video conference
- Visitors must sanitize their hands upon entry
- Visitors may not wait in the reception area, but instead must go to the student lounge
- Barriers are cleaned and sanitized along with the entire campus regularly
- Staff are required to sanitize and wipe down their work areas and equipment daily before and after use (sanitizer is provided)
- PLC has contracted regular campus cleaning and sanitization
Policies for outbreak (in accordance with WorkSafe BC and PHAC Guidance for Post Secondary Institutions during COVID-19)
- Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 or having arrived to Canada in the past 14 days is prohibited from the campus
- Staff and students that show symptoms will be asked to go/remain at home and must work from; they will need to contact 811 immediately for testing and health procedures
- Staff and/or students showing symptoms must isolate at home and inform the campus manager and their contacts
- Any outbreak will be reported by the nurse on staff or Campus Manager to Fraser Health
- For anyone having severe symptoms, staff will immediately call 911
- The campus will be closed for staff and visitors in the case of an outbreak; complete sanitization of the campus will take place daily for 5 days
- The campus will only open after 14 days since the outbreak
- All staff and students on-site during outbreak will be required to go home, work from home and self-monitor for 14 days before returning; anyone with symptoms will need to report to Fraser Health and continue to work from home
- Post outbreak, staff will meet about changing protocols around campus access
- Any changes will be communicated to students via email and Moodle, and updated to the website COVID-19 page
Communication and training (in accordance with WorkSafe BC)
- Policies are sent by the campus manager to all staff via email
- Signage regarding symptoms and occupancy limits are posted in reception and lunch room
Monitoring and changing to adapt to the situation (in accordance with WorkSafe BC)
- The school’s campus team will stay updated on the latest health developments regarding COVID-19 in BC
- The campus manager will update all other current staff and train new staff on latest COVID-19 policies from the health authority
- Any non-compliance with the 14-day self-isolation will be reported by the campus manager to the provincial health authority
Quarantine of arriving international students (in accordance with AEST Go Forward Guidelines for Post-Secondary, PHAC Guidance for Post-Secondary Institutions during COVID-19 and Public Health Institutional Readiness Requirements for Int’l Students)
- Fully vaccinated students please click here for further instructions.
- Any students who have attained their study permits must notify PLC so that the following arrangements can be made
- Students must access the BC COVID-19 app https://bc.thrive.health and ArriveCan
- Students must arrange extended travel health insurance for 3 months before flying to Canada, and must update PLC staff
- Parental accompaniment is discouraged for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic
- For students that need it, PLC will coordinate the setup of Homestay with partnered providers.
- New arriving students wanting to meet staff will only do so after a 14 day period post arrival and with prior approval from the college
- Students showing symptoms during quarantine will be put in touch with local health authorities if needed in the case of intense symptoms, or may need to isolate for longer; meals and other services can be extended in this case
For all non-specific inquiries, please contact email@example.com. For specific inquiries, please check the FAQs.