Program Overview (Program approved by PTIB)
The Digital Media Studies (DMS) program (Diploma level) provides an academic pathway for international and resident students whose first language is not English (and do not meet the general English requirements for University entry) to gain the competencies in the field of digital media. On completion of the program, students can progress onto further academic options or follow a career path in digital media.
Interested student whos ESL competencies are below the minimum language proficiency requirements for the DMS Diploma program can be placed in our Intensive English for Digital Media program at the college.
The DMS program explores the interrelationship between digital media and information technology as well as new media design. Students will simultaneously upgrade their English competencies while exploring theoretical knowledge.
The Digital Media Diploma program includes seven courses of 80 hours (4 credits) each, totalling 560 hours (28 credits).
The program is designed as a communication and academic pathway to lead into university programs. However, graduates can apply (language) knowledge and communication skills gained into a career path in digital media and related IT careers in the private or public sectors.
10 Months of Theory Courses
|Social Media Marketing (80 hours)|
|Academic Writing II (80 hours)|
|Public Speaking / Presentation Skills II (80 hours)|
|Information Systems (80 hours)|
|Digital Branding (80 hours)|
|Project Marketing / Advertising (80 hours)|
|Digital Media Design (80 hours)|
|Digital Media and Society (80 hours)|
|Search Engine Optimization (80 hours)|
|Career Development (80 hours)|
|Fees (in CAD)||Domestic Students||International Students|
Tuition refunds are based on policy stated in the college’s enrolment agreement and bound by the Private Training Act Regulation.
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Instruction is conducted in English. Students need to demonstrate that prior to enrollment they have the language abilities (see below) to successfully complete the program of their choice
- Language requirement:
- Evidence of IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent) with no band under 5; or
- TOEFL 46-59; or
- PTE Academic ( Minimum 36 Overall); or
- CLB 6; or
- CAEL 40; or
- CELPIP 6.5; or
- Duolingo 75-80 (englishtest.duolingo.com/applicants); or
- studied at a regular school where English is the language of instruction (min grade 10);
- pass the College’s ESL placement assessment which could include an interview
For more information on language requirements where internationally-recognized tests and other equivalencies are accepted, please consult with our admissions staff.